Banque Internationale à Luxembourg (Suisse) SA
Origin of Banque Internationale à Luxembourg (Suisse) SA
Banque Internationale à Luxembourg (Suisse) SA is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Banque Internationale à Luxembourg SA (BIL), the oldest private bank in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. BIL Suisse was founded in 1984 and has offices in Zurich, Geneva, and Lugano.
BIL is currently owned by Legend Holdings, a leading diversified investment group headquartered in Beijing, China, and the state of Luxembourg.
BIL also operates the family office Belair House, the alternative fund management company BIL Manage Invest, Experta, a financial structuring service company and BIL Lease, a leasing company.
Philosophy and Strategy
Customers of BIL Suisse benefit from the expertise of the BIL Group and are offered international wealth management and fund administration services within the European Union, and investment advice tailored to their needs.
BIL Suisse has extensive knowledge of financial markets and products, which allows their clients to take advantage of numerous investment opportunities and provides them with access to the international financial centers.
BIL Suisse wants to set standards in:
- the approach and the relationship with the client, the bank’s philosophy is based on strong values which must be maintained at every level and stage.
- the way teamwork is approached, enabling the client to take advantage of the bank’s network of international experts.
- The ability to work within limits specific to complex international or cross-border solutions.
Services and Solutions
BIL Suisse offers a full range of private banking services to individuals and independent financial advisers.
BIL Suisse offers to their private clients integrated non-financial and financial services such as credit solutions, asset structuring, life insurance, wealth, succession and estate planning and capital protection. The services consider the personal situation of the clients and can be adapted according to the client’s needs.
BIL Suisse also offers professional customers comprehensive services in client management and business development support. These services include administration, reporting and custody services, direct access to the trading room, investment advisory tools, and financial products such as open architecture solutions.
BIL Suisse has long been positioned to meet their client’s needs. Regardless whether the customer is an individual, part of a family or an entrepreneur.
BIL Suisse can understand all the issues and respond to them with great flexibility.
BIL Suisse considers two phases, the capital creation phase, and the capital enjoyment phase.
For professional experts, like trust companies, law firms, fund administrators, consultants, management companies, asset managers or financial advisors, BIL Suisse looks for solutions that allow the customer to optimize their development.
As custodian bank, BIL Suisse enables independent asset managers to benefit from personalized advice and a reliable support system to assist them in their daily activities. They have privileged access to information, support, and research.
Independent asset managers can also use the expertise of BIL’s specialists to analyze the risks associated with asset structuring, wealth and estate planning and capital protection.
To meet the asset structuring needs, BIL’s relationship manager relies on highly qualified portfolio experts and specialists in financial planning and draws on the expertise of the bank’s international network to meet the needs of a global portfolio. If necessary, the bank counts on specialized partners such as notaries, lawyers, and trusts.
BIL Suisse can also offer other options, like:
- Creation of a foundation
- Tax treatment and philanthropic campaigns
- International real-estate advice
- Private equity and venture capital advice
- Life insurance
BIL Suisse helps clients who are planning to change their residence or are thinking about it and asking for help.
The portfolio management approach considers:
- Preserving the capital
- Focusing on absolute returns
- Open architecture, selecting the best funds
- Opportunistic approach
BIL works with all types of financial instruments available on the markets.
The advisory management services include:
- Regular contact with the relationship manager or financial advisor
- Investment advice tailored to the client’s situation
- Buy, hold and sell recommendations
- Availability to contact the trading floor
Discretionary asset management
If the client delegates the management of the assets to BIL, the portfolio will be actively managed by a team of professionals.
The Risk Management Department is responsible that the risks are compatible with the institution’s risk appetite and continuously under control.
The primary missions of the risk management are:
- Ensure that risk limits are compatible with the bank’s strategy, structure and business model through an effective risk appetite framework which defines the level of risk the bank is willing to take.
- Ensure compliance with banking regulation requirements by submitting regularly reports to the supervisory bodies.
- Ensure that all risks are under control by measuring, identifying, mitigating, assessing and monitoring them on an ongoing basis.
- Provide to the Management and the shareholders an objective, relevant and comprehensive overview of the risks.
The Board of Directors is responsible for the overall risk policy and strategy including the risk management framework and the risk tolerance and risk appetite.
The main risks are the credit risk, the market risk, the assets and liabilities management, the liquidity risk, the operational risk and information security, the operational risk and the legal and reputational risk.
BIL is a licensed insurance broker in Luxembourg and therefore the bank can act as an intermediary between the client and the insurance companies and can get the most competitive conditions in the market.
Banque Internationale à Luxembourg (Suisse) SA – Facts & Figures
(Rotate your Mobile Phone for optimal Table-View)
|Phone||+41 58 810 82 92|
|Year of foundation||1856|
|No. of employees||1’997|
|Shareholder’s equity||1.239 bn EUR|
|Assets under Management||39.4 bn EUR|
|Assets under Management / Employees||19.729 mm EUR|
|Net profit||116.643 mm EUR|
|Net Profit / Employees||58’409 EUR|
|Tier 1 Ratio||14.47 %|
|Cost / Income Cost Ratio (CIR)||71.79 %|
Source: Group Annual Report 2017