Languages: German, Italian, English, French, Spanish, Portuguese
Born in Switzerland to an Italian family in 1959. Enzo Caputo grew up in Zurich and attended the local Grammar school before proceeding to go to University in Zurich, where he studied law and graduated with Honors “lic. iur. cum laude” in 1986. Subsequently was a court clerk at a District Court in Zurich. After his practical experience he passed the Zurich bar examinations and was admitted to the bar of Canton Zurich as a practicing Attorney-at-law.
Enzo Caputo was the “Head of Legal and Compliance”, in major Swiss banks including UBS for decades. Simultaneously, in 1999 he went on to complete a post-graduate study at School of Business and Banking, Institute of Finance, University of Lucerne. He therefore attended and completed the very first education in Compliance and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) under the watchful eyes of Professor M. Roth at Lucerne.
His last vocation as an employee was CEO of the Swiss Association of Asset Managers and Member of the Arbitration Court for Asset Managers.
In 2006 he formed the boutique law firm Caputo & Partners AG at the heart of financial industry, at Paradeplatz, dedicated to the needs of International Private Banking clients.
With 30 years of professional experience, he exclusively represents major international Swiss private banking clients, in high profile cases. He is considered as an Insider within the Swiss private banking industry and enjoys an extended network of private bankers, prosecutors, judges, asset managers, bank directors, the main opinion leaders and decision makers. He is therefore, very familiar with the needs and expectations of sophisticated High Net-Worth Individuals (HNWI), stemming from all over the world. The statute of his boutique law firm allows to avoid any form of conflict of interest which you find frequently with the big law firms in Zurich. He intentionally does not represent banks in order to be fully independent and not on their payroll.
He knows the most suitable Swiss Banks, amongst the existing 300, for account opening with the most efficient structures for wealth management and asset protection. Due his extensive network and his practical ability to think out of the box, he’s insider connections and extensive portable know-how he is able to come up with immediate solutions, find the right persons and bringing in fast results for the most demanding clientele. Whereas, other lawyers need to consult the internet and leading cases, before giving an approximate preliminary statement.
International Business TV Channels, Press Agencies and Newspapers invited Enzo Caputo for Interviews and Statements:
- Bloomberg (USA), RIA Novosti, PBWM (Russia)
- Süddeutsche Zeitung, Finanz & Wirtschaft (Germany)
- Evening Standard (UK)
- IlSole24Ore, Milano Finanza, La7 Italian TV, Italia Oggi (Italy)
- Insideparadeplatz, Private, RSI Radio Televisione Svizzera (Switzerland)
- Aaj Tak -No. 1 Indian TV (India)
“With Enzo Caputo you can be sure to obtain a fast response, even during the first 15 minutes of your call.”
- Swiss and international banking law protecting Private Banking clients
- Voluntary Disclosure Programs for Secret Accounts
- Solutions for International Tax Evasion
- Asset Protection and Relocation Services with Lump-sum taxation scheme
- Bank Account Opening and Complex Transactions
- Investments in Physical Gold out of the Banking System
- International Inheritance focused on Bank Accounts
- Frozen Bank Accounts/White-Collar Crime/Corruption/SEC Pump & Dump schemes
- Compliance and Anti-Money Laundering Legislation
- Client Protection against Fishing Expeditions/Abuse of International Legal Assistance
- Asset Tracking and Asset Recovery
- Complex Offshore Structures/Representation of Victims mentioned on Panama Papers
- Dormant Accounts
- Off-Market Real Estate – unique opportunities from the personal network
- License Applications for Asset Management Activities (and the total set up)