Languages: Ukrainian, Russian, English
Valeriy Volkov was born in Ukraine in 1971. He studied law at the Taras Shevchenko Kyiv National University, Ukraine and started his career with the law firm Metcalf, Conlon & Siering, PLC and the First National Bank (USA). He is a Partner of our law firm and responsible for Russian speaking clients. He has over 20 years of professional experience in serving private clients as a banking lawyer for Swiss asset management companies and foreign banks in Ukraine.
Mr. Volkov is Director of the Corporate Governance Center at the Kiev Business School in Ukraine.
Before joining our law firm in 2012 he was independent legal advisor with banking projects in Kiev.
Mr. Volkov participated in drafting the wording for Anti-Money Laundering Laws in Ukraine. He has strong relationships with over 100 banks and other financial institutions in Switzerland, Latvia, Ukraine and Russia.
He is focused on clients from Russia, Ukraine and CIS countries having bank accounts in Switzerland and abroad. He is very familiar with the needs and expectations of wealthy Russian and Ukraine clients.
- Swiss and international commercial law
- International anti-money laundering legislation, Due Diligence, KYC policy
- Asset Management, Investment Advice and Banking Activities
- Asset Protection, Account Opening
- Operations With Precious Metals
- Swiss Company Formation and other corporate structures