The investor has the option to choose one of the following investments.
- Transfer of at least 1,000,000 EUR to the investment fund.
- He has to create at least 10 new jobs.
- He is free in purchasing a property of at least 500’000 EUR.
- He can invest 350’000 EUR in a 30 years old property located in an urban rehabilitation area, in scientific projects, in projects supporting national cultural heritage, investment fund or environmental projects.
- Since 2018, you can invest 350’000 EUR in a fully regulated investment fund.
Just 15 investors of more than 7’208 (28 February 2019) opted for the 10 jobs creation program. Nearly all investors are investing in profitable real estate properties in the capital Lisbon, Faro and in touristic areas.
Based on Golden Visa Portugal property prices are increasing by 10% to 12% per year. Real estate investments in the main cities are very attractive investment opportunities.
Last 3 years, the tourism industry increased by 50%. Golden Visa Investors can participate in the very attractive short rental market renting properties to tourists generating 5% to 10% rental income. The real estate market in Portugal is booming. Portuguese investors do not bring their money to the banks anymore. Portuguese investors prefer investing in real estate properties.
Let me give you the last official fact and figures on the Golden Visa Program dated 28 of February 2019.
- 7208 Golden Visa approvals
- 12254 family members have the Golden Visa
- A total amount of 4. 4 billion EUR entered into Portugal
- 4 billion EUR was invested in Real Estate
- From the 7208 Golden Visa Investors 6804 opted for Real Estate Investments!
Who likes the Golden Visa Portugal the most?
- No 1 is China with 4159 applicants
- No 2 is Brazil with 695 applicants
- No 3 is Turkey with 317 applicants
- No 4 is South Africa with 281 applicants
- No 5 is Russia with 248 applicants