Banca dello Stato del Cantone Ticino
Origin of Banca dello Stato del Cantone Ticino
Banca dello Stato del Cantone Ticino was established 1915 and is an autonomous institution operating under the public law. The Republic and Canton of Ticino own 100% of the bank. The head office of BancaStato is in Bellinzona. BancaStato has three branches located in Chiasso, Locarno and Lugano and 16 agencies in the whole canton.
The purpose of the Bank is to promote the economic development of the Canton and to provide the public with secure investments.
BancaStato holds 100% of the share capital of Axion SWISS Bank SA, Lugano and minority participation in Soave Asset Management Ltd., Lugano and Londinium Dac., Dublin, an Irish investment manager.
Do you have a bank account with this Bank? Do you wanna open a Bank Account with this Bank?
🎞️ Then you must watch the following Video first:
Philosophy and Strategy
BancoStato aims to promote the economy of the Canton Ticino.
BancaStato is a trustworthy and competent partner and is close to its customers as a firmly rooted partner in the Canton of Ticino.
The decision-making and competence centers are located in Ticino, and this allows the Bank to offer flexibility and quick response to its clients.
The Bank not only offers capital to small- and medium-sized companies and individuals in the canton but also supports associations, cultural societies, and charities.
Do you know that we are the only one worldwide that Analyse all Swiss Private Banks annually?
► Here you can find all Swiss Private Banks
We even created a Study about Swiss Wealth Management Firms and why you not should trust blindly Top Rankings in Financial Magazines.
Services and Solutions
BancaStato dealt at first primarily with mortgages but has extended the range of its services and is now a full-service bank.
Banca dello Stato del Cantone Ticino is involved in the following activities:
- Deposits in all form
- Collateralized and non-collateralized loans and credits
- The processing of transactions with letters of credit and standby letters of credit particularly for commodity trade finance
- Issuance of guarantees, sureties and guarantee commitments
- Securities trading and trading in derivatives for own account and third parties
- Issuing and participating in the issuance of bonds, stocks, and other securities both domestic and foreign
- Forex, money market and precious metals trading for own account and third parties
- Setup and distribution of investment funds domestic or abroad and custodian and underwriting mandates
- Acting as an asset administrator
- Treasury services
- Safe deposit boxes and custody and securities administration services
- Fiduciary transaction in its name but on the account and for the risk of the customer
- Placement and issuance of bonds, shares and other financial instruments and participation in issues of public or private corporations
The aim is to grow together with advice which meets the client’s needs. The key words are, understand, suggest, implement and review. Every customer has a wide range of ideas, wishes, and needs. BancaStata takes care of that by offering the best possible solution for its clients.
Corporate and Institutional Clients
Every company is different and deserves particular attention. Banca dello Stato del Cantone Ticino is aware of that and offers the following solutions:
- Proper cash flow management
- Find the best financial solutions for investments or support the day-to-day business
- Commodity trade finance for those active in the import/export business
- Special investment ideas for excess cash
- Social security, insurance, and pension provisions
BancaStato wants to be the bank of trust. The client can count on tailor-made support and service. The Bank seeks to engage in a long-term partnership and grow together with the client. BancaStato has an open-architecture approach.
The asset management services ensure that the needs of each client are met professionally and safely through a wide range of products and solutions.
BancaStato offers a wide range of different investment funds. The advantage of investment funds are:
- More security thanks to a broad diversification
- Professional management by specialists
- Lower costs and transparency
- Access to a variety of different markets
BancaStato is like any other financial group subject to various banking-specific risk, mainly the credit, market, liquidity and operational risk.
Risk management is the priority of the Group, and the goal is to identify, monitor and measure the risks to preserve the assets and enhance the profitability.
The key elements of the risk management are:
- A comprehensive risk policy
- Risk management and risk measurement principles
- Definition of the various risk limits and the ongoing monitoring of these limits
- Complete and timely reporting
- Allocation of adequate technical, human and financial resources
- Promoting a risk-sensitive corporate culture
The Board of Directors is responsible for the overall control and supervision of the risk policy.
“How can you be sure to have chosen the Best Swiss Private Bank among over 200 private banks?”
We find the best private bank for you.
Call us now +41 44 212 4404
Are you interested in First-Class Information about Private Banking?
Do you want an inside look behind the Secrets of Private Banks?
Then you should sign up in our Private Banking Letter
Mr. Caputo send you personally only from time to time the useful Information that can you save Millions.
BancaStato increased its mortgage loans my more than 605 million CHF to 8.8 billion CHF in 2017. The net income reached 48 million CHF which is a record high. 36 million of the profit was transferred to the Canton of Ticino who is the owner of the bank.
New client’s assets increase by 559 million CHF, and the assets under management reached 11.3 billion CHF.
The Bank has a strong capital base, and this is essential for the needed capital adequacy and to be able to maintain its leading policy for the Canton’s economy.
BancaStato benefits from a state guarantee.
Banca dello Stato del Cantone Ticino – Facts & Figures
(Rotate your Mobile Phone for optimal Table-View)
|Address||Viale H. Guisan 5, 6501 Bellinzona|
|Phone||+41 91 803 71 11|
|Year of foundation||1915|
|No. of employees||432|
|Eligible Regulatory Capital||1.575 bn CHF|
|Tier 1 Ratio||15.20 %|
|Leverage Exposure||18.519 bn CHF|
|Leverage Ratio||7.20 %|
|Liquidity Coverage Ratio||186 %|
|Risk Weighted Assets||8.431 bn CHF|
|Loans outstanding||13.416 bn CHF|
|Assets under Management||20.7 bn CHF|
|Assets under Management / Employees||47.916 m CHF|
|Net profit||55.162 m CHF|
|Net Profit / Employees||127’698 CHF|
|Cost / Income Cost Ratio (CIR)||62.11 %|
|Return on Equity||4.12 %|
|Own structured products||Yes|
Source: Annual Report 2021
We are a fully independent boutique law firm. That’s why we don’t have any cooperation agreements with the banks.
Few banks do not disclose their Annual Reports to the public. Therefore, we collected reliable information on a best-efforts basis. We renounced to collecting information from unreliable sources. Until today, Swiss law does not impose the duty of publication to the banks as it is the case in the EU. Therefore, for a few banks, the information from the annual reports was not summarized and published.
There are some smaller banks without a rating. It makes no sense for them to apply for a rating because they are not involved in the lending business. If the bank has no rating, it’s not automatically a negative point. There are excellent private banks without a rating.
If you want results in private banking do the first step now and call us.
One hour after your first call we accompany you in the bank solving your issue.
We act faster than any other big law firm in Zurich.
Get answers now +41 44 212 44 04 or write us an E-Mail.
Who is Enzo Caputo?
► ► ► Click here and learn more about
the Tax Attorney & Financial Lawyer No.1