Banque Pâris Bertrand Sturdza
Origin of Banque Pâris Bertrand Sturdza SA
Banque Pâris Bertrand Sturdza SA (PBS) was born out of the vision of four bankers to create a secure private bank and meet the requirements of large family fortunes and institutional investors.
The bank’s founding partners are Pierre Pâris, Olivier Bertrand, Eric I. Sturdza, and Raphaël Jaquet. The idea of establishing a private bank came in late 2008 when the world was suffering from a severe financial crisis. The bank has one branch in Luxembourg.
The partners wholly own the bank, and this allows the alignment of interests with their clients to offer the best possible investment solutions. The bank has no external shareholders and is free from any outside pressure. Banque PBS’s clients are exclusively based in Switzerland.
Do you have a bank account with this Bank? Do you wanna open a Bank Account with this Bank?
🎞️ Then you must watch the following Video first:
Philosophy and Strategy
Banque Pâris Bertrand Sturdza SA was founded in 2009 by experienced private bankers to service private investors and financial institutions demanding a return to best-of-breed market practices and traditional values.
The Bank’s clients include entrepreneurs, family offices, financial institutions, and foundations.
Banque PBS advises investors globally and enjoys privileged access to top financial institutions and managers. The network makes it possible to select the best performing and most secure investments independently.
Banque PBS has seven investment fundamentals:
- Global approach
- Independence and no in-house products
- Transparent fee structure, no kickbacks
- Financial security, rigorous selection of counterparties
- Research expertise
- Customized solutions
- Flexible and independent strategic asset allocation
Services and Solutions
Banque PBS focuses on wealth management for private clients (individuals, family offices, and foundations) and financial institutions (pension funds, international organizations, sovereign wealth funds). The bank is not engaging in in-house products and shows the best possible transparency.
Individuals and Entrepreneurs
- Advisory mandates
- Trading account (10 different currencies available)
- Management mandates (EUR, CHF, USD)
- Lombard loans
- Portfolio consolidation
Financial institutions, Family offices, Pension funds, Sovereign funds, Foundations, Charities
- Management mandates with a predefined risk profile
- Capital protected portfolio construction
- Tactical investment solutions
- Strategic performance analyses
- Lombard loans
Family offices, Institutions, Private companies
- Private equity: direct investment, specialized and proprietary funds, specific themes
- Private placements
- Strategic advisory
- Execution / Trading Desk – Multi-asset execution, fiduciary deposit advisory, FX strategies
- Investment management – Multi-asset class portfolio, Advisory, Investment vehicle selection & structuring, Asset & Liabilities management
- Investment solutions – Capital guaranteed portfolio, hedge fund platform, specific investment structuring, market access capabilities
- Financing – Lombard loans, structured leverage
- Wrapping custody – dedicated funds, dedicated fund asset management, life insurance, external custody
- PBS Private Capital – PBS Private Capital Funds, Club deals
The investment process starts with the understanding of the client and the client’s needs. Assets, liabilities, and objectives are assessed to define the risk parameters. To each client of PBS, a risk limit is applied, and the suitable investment solutions are allocated. The profile and performance are regularly reviewed.
Active investment management
The strategy is well balanced and diversified and is combined with a tactical vehicle selection to generate performance.
There are three ways of allocation:
- Strategic Asset Allocation (SAA) – Long-term structure investing in cash, bonds, equity, alternative assets (hedge funds, private equity, club deals), real estate, commodities, structured products)
- Tactical Asset Allocation (TAA) – aiming to create value-added and active management of assets
- Instrument selection – choosing the best instruments from a rigorous selection process
Banque Pâris Bertrand Sturdza is not involved in financing activities which represent a risk to the balance sheet. The bank is unleveraged and shows a very high Tier1 ratio.
The bank’s equity is mainly deposited with central banks. Clients assets are segregated from the bank’s balance sheet.
Risk management is an essential part of the bank’s policy. The aim is to improve profitability, increase the bank’s value and preserve resources. The Managing Partners are responsible for the overall risk policy. The main risks include the credit risk, the market risk, the liquidity risk, the operational risk and the reputational risk.
Banque PBS developed together with Bordier & Cie. and REYL & Cie. Hermance Capital Partners an exclusive platform offering private market solutions. The investment boutique is focusing on private equity, private debt, and private real estate.
At the WealthBriefing Swiss Awards 2018, Banque Pâris Bertrand Sturdza SA was crowned “Best Fund Manager.”
PBS Investment PLC is incorporated in Dublin and launched PBS SMART Portfolio as UCITS IV compliant fund in 2012. More than 400 million Euro are invested in the fund as of today.
The asset allocation is adaptive and dynamic to preserve the money in any market cycles. The investment process is transparent and robust. The exposure is to more than 20 sub-asset classes with global reaches, like fixed income, equities, real estate and commodities.
Banque Pâris Bertrand Sturdza is publishing a monthly newsletter, covering the latest market and economic developments.
Banque Pâris Bertrand Sturdza – Facts & Figures
(Rotate your Mobile Phone for optimal Table-View)
|Address||Rue du Rhône 30
|Phone||+41 22 316 02 00|
|Year of foundation||2009|
|No. of employees||–|
|Assets under Management||–|
|Assets under Management / Employees||–|
|Net Profit / Employees||–|
|Tier 1 Ratio||–|
|Cost / Income Cost Ratio (CIR)||–|