Lienhardt & Partner Privatbank Zürich AG
Origin of Lienhardt & Partner Privatbank Zürich AG
Lienhardt & Partner is privately owned and is the leading bank in the Zurich region. The bank was established 1868 in Zurich.
Lienhardt’s customers are 95 % domiciled in Switzerland, and the bank is not active in international private banking.
Philosophy and Strategy
Lienhardt’s focus is on qualitative growth based on stability and continuity. They are fast, flexible and straightforward and have a short decision-making process. Lienhardt is an alternative to the bigger, impersonal banks. The philosophy of the bank can be described in three buzzwords, direct, diversified and disciplined.
This means that the bank invests in traditional investments like equities, bonds and real estate and not in structured products.
This means that Lienhardt invests globally but with a clear focus on Switzerland.
This means that the bank makes no experiments and doesn’t follow fashion trends.
The approach is rather unspectacular but very promising in the long run and shows clarity and simplicity.
The guidelines of Lienhardt & Partner are honesty; towards customers, business partners and employees, performance; measured by the expectation of the client and respect; towards people.
Services and Solutions
Lienhardt’s business areas are:
- Private Banking
- Real Estate
- Pension Plans
- Asset Management: Lienhardt ensures a balance between performance and risk. The investment strategies can be balanced, conservative, equities or Swiss equities and direct, diversified or disciplined.
- Investment Advice: The benefits in the field of investment advice are that the client’s ideas are transferred into a structured process. Access to buy and sell recommendations of the investment team and first-hand market information.
- Financing: Lienhardt offers mortgages and loans at fair market conditions and provides know-how for the funding of real estate based on many years of experience.
- Wealth Planning: The values of Lienhardt are keeping a long-term customer relationship, based on trust and personal continuity. The client has access to Lienhardt’s network of internal and external specialists.
- External Asset Managers: Lienhardt offers for independent asset managers private banking, real estate and pension planning from a single source and gives them access to the trading of unlisted shares.
For more than 20 years Lienhardt has its specialized real estate department. They provide their customers with comprehensive advice and support in all matters relating to real estate. The benefits in the field of real estate are:
- Sale of residential real estate
- Marketing and sale of new construction projects, commercial real estate, investment objects and land
- Property management and financing
- Brokerage of land and real estate
In the field of pension provision, Lienhardt offers vested benefits accounts, 3a pillar, pension plan administration. Lienhardt has an IT-platform specially developed for insurance companies, banks, fund managers and marketing organizations which covers the entire range of investment and retirement products.
The Board of Directors Is evaluating the risks and is responsible for the risk policy. The risk policy is reviewed periodically. Independent risk control bodies monitor the risks. The Executive Board is regularly informed about the financial positions, the liquidity, and earnings situation. The main risks are the credit risk, the market risk, the liquidity risk, the operational risk and the legal and compliance risk.
The specialty of Lienhardt & Partner is that they are not only active in banking but also act as a real estate company. They have a broad knowledge in real estate management and investment.
The profit of Lienhardt is split among four positions:
20 % interest income, 10 % trading income, 30 % real estate income and 40 % commission business and services.
Lienhardt doesn’t have to change their business model in the age of the automatic exchange of information because their clients are predominantly Swiss.
Lienhardt and Generali Switzerland signed an agreement under which Generali offers insurance, private pension, and pension plans. The products were developed together with Fortuna Investment. Generali and Fortuna are acquiring the customers and Lienhardt is providing the specific banking platform.
Four times a year Lienhardt publishes the “Investor.” The “Investor” informs about trends in the financial markets, investment opportunities and investment perspectives and developments in the real estate sector.
Lienhardt & Partner Privatbank Zürich AG – Facts & Figures
(Rotate your Mobile Phone for optimal Table-View)
|Phone||+41 44 268 61 61|
|Year of foundation||1868|
|No. of employees||100|
|Shareholder’s equity||113.73 mm CHF|
|Assets under Management||4.12 bn CHF|
|Assets under Management / Employees||41.2 mm CHF|
|Net profit||5.79 mm CHF|
|Net Profit / Employees||57’900 CHF|
|Tier 1 Ratio||21 %|
|Cost / Income Cost Ratio (CIR)||65.5 %|
|CEO||Dr Duri Prader|
Source: Annual Report 2017