Origin of Trafina Privatbank
Trafina’s origins lie in the Hansa AG. Hansa AG was founded in 1930 as a financial company by Hans A. Opel and was intended to manage the funds which he received through the sale of Opel. The investment was mainly in corporate finance, real estate and marketable securities. In 1989 the asset management business was outsourced and the name Trafina was created. Trafina converted into a bank in 1991.
Trafina Privatbank AG is a Swiss private bank specialized in asset management. The headquarter is in Basel.
In 1999, Hansa AG sold a 30 percent stake to Sabine Duschmalé-Oeri, a descendant of Fritz Hoffmann-La Roche and co-owner of the pharmaceutical company Hoffmann-La Roche. In 2004, the Basel-based private bank Baumann & Cie, Banquiers took over the majority of the shares and currently holds 64 percent. The remaining shares are held by Jean-Nicolas Fahrenberg (20%), Sabine Duschmalé-Oeri (10%) and the Sophie and Karl Binding Foundation (5%).
Trafina Privatbank AG and Baumann & Cie, Banquiers are legally independent, but they work closely together in various areas.
In 2010 Trafina Privatbank AG bought the asset management company ADNOVIS AG, which was co-founded by Jean-Nicolas Fahrenberg.
Philosophy and Strategy
The proximity to the clients distinguishes Trafina Privatbank to other banks. The individual consultation in a family atmosphere is the key.
Trafina Privatbank AG is legally independent and autonomous. To handle the banking services Trafina works closely together with the majority shareholder Baumann & Cie, Banquiers.
Thanks to the lean organization Trafina decides quickly and their employees are always there for the customers. They act flexible, competent, fast and uncomplicated. Mutual trust is characterizing value collaboration. It is so important that the employees and the customers know each other.
Trafina Privatbank AG takes time for the customer:
- The client’s interest and expectations flow directly into a tailor-made investment strategy.
- Trafina’s advisor is also the client’s asset manager and is responsible for implementing the bank’s active, systematic investment process for the client individually and understandably.
- The client has a clear overview of the assets. If required the report also includes other banking relationships, real estate, mortgages and other assets.
- When selecting investment products Trafina is committed to the client’s interests and pays great attention to quality and costs.
- The client’s deposits are safe with Trafina because the bank has a high equity base and a conservative credit policy.
- The price list is clear, transparent and comprehensible.
Services and Solutions
Trafina Privatbank is advising wealthy private clients, charitable foundations, and pension funds as well as entrepreneurial families and their foundations.
The services are comprehensive and valuable. In conjunction with internal and external specialists, the client will receive advice on all financial matters. This includes, in particular, investment advice, tax matters, pension and succession advice, and bookkeeping.
Successful investment advice and asset management require responsibility and discipline. The client’s trust in combination with Trafina’s many years of experience forms the foundation on which the investment activities are based. The long-term preservation of the client’s assets is at the center of the bank’s actions. Trafina’s investment specialists continuously develop ideas that help achieve the customer’s financial goals.
If the client doesn’t have time to deal with the financial markets in depth, to examine investment alternatives and implement the investment decisions then Trafina, will actively manage the client’s assets. As part of the tailor-made strategy defined with the client, the bank makes the investment decisions and implements them on an ongoing basis. The bank’s client advisors and portfolio managers continuously monitor risks and manage the assets actively.
If the clients enjoy making the investment decisions by themselves but don’t want to give up on Trafina’s recommendations and the banks many years of experience, then Trafina is offering the following:
- Preparation and monitoring of an individual investment strategy
- Concrete and sound investment proposals
- Timely market information as well as pointed analyzes
- Continuous and comprehensive advice on all financial matters.
Trafina’s top priority is to protect the client’s assets and manage them as part of the mutually agreed strategy. The bank achieves the best possible result through a long-term investment strategy.
Risk management is an essential part of the bank’s policy. The aim is to improve profitability, increase the bank’s value and preserve resources. Management is responsible for the overall risk policy. The main risks include the credit risk, the market risk, the liquidity risk, the operational risk, and the reputational risk.
Trafina thinks and acts long term. That is why Trafina feels committed to its customers and future generations and supports social and cultural projects.
- Trafina supports as a sponsor the collecting activities of the Kunstmuseum Basel since 2016. The Bank also supports one temporary exhibition per year.
- Jean-Nicolas Fahrenberg is a volunteer member of the Financial Commission since 2008 and supports the Zoological Garden Basel in defining and implementing the investment strategy.
- Trafina Privatbank AG supports a special fund of the University of Music Basel with regular financial contributions. The fund is specifically reserved for those students who are in danger of having to abandon their studies due to completely insufficient own funds.
Trafina Privatbank – Facts & Figures
(Rotate your Mobile Phone for optimal Table-View)
|Phone||+41 61 317 17 17|
|Year of foundation||1989|
|No. of employees||10|
|Chairman||Andreas R. Sarasin|
|Shareholder’s equity||23 mm CHF|
|Assets under Management||1 bn CHF|
|Assets under Management / Employees||100 mm CHF|
|Net Profit / Employees||–|
|Tier 1 Ratio||–|
|Cost / Income Cost Ratio (CIR)||–|
Source: Annual Report 2017